Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Awakenings

Well Christmas is well and truly over and it is time to get back to work.

The first task, developing a simple arcade game in HTML 5.

To begin with I am following this tutorial, which involves building a Doodle Jump style game. My plan it to take these leanings and create a homage to my other favourite quick hit iPhone game, Canabalt.

I am not used to working purely in code. All my experience so far has been with visual tools like Flash, Unity and Unreal. It is quite a different experience. My hope it that it will be good prep for next semesters Game Engine Programming module.

3 comments:

  1. your made of stronger stuff than I doing that module! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait o see what you come up with. Keep us posted on progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything will be clear in my tutorial, if not just feel free to ask on my blog comments or using twitter (@michalbe). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Followers