Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Ludology Class

Ludlogy Class started with the rapid prototyping of a board game using limited resources.
I am a big fan of board games so I was pretty excited about this. Sadly I was not too pleased with my effort. I don't think first thing in the morning is my most creative time.

The one thing I was happy with was combining the items together to form something new. I used two straws and a piece of Lego to create a device to flick a ball around a board. I also experimented with using it a a set of chopsticks, for lifting objects, and a slide to direct a rolling cylinder.

Well, we'll be working on it again next week, so I will come up with something I am a bit more happy with. Perhaps something more cerebral, rather that the dexterity focused initial creation

1 comment:

  1. im interested in the morning / evening debate on creativity... we may experiment with doing this some afternoon or even the evening.

    ReplyDelete

Followers